Saturday, November 8, 2008

Heather # 7


Assignment #2: Sports Photography in Overcast Weather.
I was able to capture some very expressive action shots of the kids playing soccer this week. I found myself adjusting the exposure levels because the light kept changing as the sun would filter through the clouds. I tried to maintain the highest shutter speed with an ISO no greater than 200 to avoid noise. I set up my tripod and clicked away. It was quite a bit of work, but a very good learning experience.

4 comments:

scrappurple said...

Love the intensity you captured! Great vibrant colors, and you did a great job with your settings! Especially considering there was not a lot of sun. I am impressed! :)

Cyndi146 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi146 said...

I love Maddie's face in that first one. Really great sports shooting. Really... it's not as easy as you'd think. I know it's miserable for Mom & Dad but these cold, overcast days are the best to shoot in. These look so great!!

Cyndi146 said...

don't panic... it was me who deleted my first comment. Nothing bad, just wanted to change the wording to make more sense. I didn't realize it would leave that post there :)