Thursday, November 6, 2008

Heather # 6 Cloudy Day Assignment #1


I am going to start giving myself assignments that will improve my understanding and application of exposure levels in different light situations. I took advantage of the rainy weather and captured the intense color and detail of this rose with the help of an overcast sky shedding soft filtered light. I added a very slight contrast punch to darken the background, but other than that, i think this rose is perfectly exposed and the color is very true to it's natural state. I fired my flash with -2/3 flash comp. on the first image, the result being a tad bit brighter and warmer than the 2nd image.

4 comments:

One of Us said...

Great detail. Love how crisp the water dropplet is. You did a great job using the available lighting you had and making the most of it ... as always!

Cyndi146 said...

What a dedicated photograper you are... giving yourself assignments. I guess that's why you're so good already. I like the brighter yellow that comes out in the first pic but that could have been your angle too. Love the water droplets. And I really like the side view. Great shot! I think I asked before but can't remember what you said... do you have an external flash or on camera?

One of Us said...

Yes, I have an external flash, but i used my on board flash for this shot.

One of Us said...

Maybe we should specify our names after our "One of us" comments so it doesn't look like we are commenting on our own work... that looks kind of strange :-)