Monday, November 3, 2008

Heather #5

I have set some goals for myself as an aspiring photographer, and one of them was to come up with a good self portrait. I have read in several photography forums that this is a great exercise in learning. It was! I took the time to try out different poses, play with composition, and to adjust the exposure levels without inconveniencing someone else.
I set up a white sheet behind me ,sat in front of a large window for natural lighting- no flash needed. Due to the slow shutter speed a tripod was absolutely essential. In lightroom I desaturated the color just a bit to make it more moody and increased the exposure level a bit for a creative edge.

4 comments:

Cyndi146 said...

I have heard this same thing! I've even read about people who do a self portrait about once a week!! I was thinking about doing one too but now I think I'll wait a little while :) This one is so good. I love the colors and the framing is excellent. Great pose. I'd love to see some of the others you came up with. Great job Heather!!

One of Us said...

Wow Heather! You amaze me with your creativity. I never thought about doing my own self portrait ... you are challenging me to think outside my box ... oh nooooo!! ;) Love the color and how you are on the side of the picture. Great white space.

puffbutt said...

Oh My Gosh! This photo is striking! Beautiful colors, beautiful subject!

Becky said...

That is a beautiful picture. Nice JOb, the comp and coloring look awesome!